Levitra - Impotence treatment medication available on prescription
Most men today know about impotence and treatment options for it. However, there was a time when impotence was a taboo subject and most people did not know the truth behind it. There were many myths surrounding impotence and some of these myths were unravelled after impotence treatments were introduced.
Viagra was a pioneer drug in this field. However, many men shifted to Levitra when this drug was introduced in the market. Levitra comes in low dosage forms and hence there is a lower risk of side effects. As a result men started taking Levitra. Moreover, few men for whom Viagra didn't work took Levitra and it worked for them.
Levitra works by relaxing smooth muscles and increasing blood flow to particular areas of the body. It also increases blood flow to the penis, so it can help men with impotence achieve and maintain an erection that lasts long enough to finish sex. Once a man completes sexual activity, blood flow to the penis decreases and the erection goes away. Levitra is only available on prescription. The active ingredient in Levitra is vardenafil. However, before we go on about Levitra, let us first find out about impotence itself.
Causes of impotence
If you know the causes of impotence, it becomes easier for you to be able to answer the questions asked during consultation with a doctor. Following are some of the causes of impotence, it is important that you are aware of them so that you may make some changes in your lifestyle and behaviour and say good bye to your impotence. If however, it is not possible to make changes in certain conditions, impotence treatments are available, so you need not fear.
Physical and lifestyle causes of impotence:
- Alcohol and tobacco use
- Brain or spinal-cord injuries
- Hypogonadism (which leads to lower testosterone levels)
- Liver or kidney failure
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson's disease
- Radiation therapy to the testicles
- Some types of prostate or bladder surgery
- Diabetes (high blood sugar)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries)
Psychological factors that can lead to impotence include:
- Nervousness about sex, may be because of a bad sexual experience or because of a previous episode of impotence
- Feeling stressed because of work or family situations
- Problems in relationship with sex partner
- Feeling depressed
- Self-consciousness and embarrassment
- Household tiffs
Strength and Ingredients of Levitra
- Levitra 2.5mg - orange, round, film-coated tablets
- Levitra 5mg - orange, round, film-coated tablets
- Levitra 10mg - orange, round, film-coated tablets
- Levitra 20mg - orange, round, film-coated tablets
The active ingredient in Levitra is vardenafil. Find out from a doctor if you are allergic to it or any other ingredients of Levitra to have a safe impotence treatment.
Other medicines for impotence treatment
There are two other prescription medications for impotence, one is Viagra and another is Cialis. All these three medicines are available in the market and also on the internet. All these three medications are popular by their own right and are preferred due to their own specialities. While Viagra is preferred because of its long established profile as impotence treatment and Cialis for its 36 hours effect, Levitra is preferred because of its relatively lower risk of side effects.